Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Throw it down big man

So I couldn't stay up to watch the whole game, but what got into Yao last night? I know it was only Shawn Bradley, but he was on fire. Can a Jeff Van Gundy coached team win by playing great offense? Is this the Bizarro NBA? SOmebody post a picture of me with Bill Walton...

Reggie Miller- what can you say about him? Talk about a guy who is capable of killing teams in big games. He has to be one of the more underappreciated players in the last 25 years. Too bad the US didn't use him in the Olympics last summer.

Has Mel Kiper started working on next year's draft yet? Of course he has, that was a rhetorical question. I liked a few teams drafts- Dallas landed some good defenders and Marion Barber, San Diego lands Sproles, Arizona!!! gets Rolle and Arrington and the Jets get a kicker. Excuse me..a kicker? in the second round? Who's the GM (note the drummer)? Actually I like the pick and it's simple. They lost the chance to play for the AFC title when their kicker missed two 40 yard fg's...close games come down to special teams, so invest in them. Can you say Adam Vinateri?
Meanwhile Detroit takes another tall receiver and Joey Harrington will still be under 60% in completion percentage and the Patriots take a bunch of guys who automatically become starts because Sweatshirt Bill and Piloi said so. Oh and Pacman Jones are you kidding me? The guy has a medallion of a video game character from the 80s and he's your 1st round pick. The nickname is fine, but the medallion is too much. What's next wearing a platinum 8-bit Nintendo cartridge?

I neglected to mention my new favorite baseball team is the Washington Nationals or as my fiancee calls them "Team Wegmans". I prefer to call them "W-Pop". All apologies to Youppi...see you when the Habs are back playing.

I'll be back on Thursday with the full "Stump the Schwab" story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home